Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pacific Rim

Cherno Alpha Mark-1



Sunnies: eBay
Gloves: Sock Dreams
Leather Jacket: eBay
Tank Top: Target
Jeans: Papaya
Leg Warmers: Sock Dreams
Gaiters: eBay
Silly hat: eBay

This outfit was heavily influenced by the Russian pilots of Cherno Alpha Mark-1; the Kaldanovskys. My favorite Jaeger pilots from Guillermo Del Toro's film Pacific Rim.
Guillermo Del Toro heavily influences me in most ways, actually. Particularly with his character design and apparent stylistic influence from the WWII era. His attention to detail and over the top sense of aesthetic really resonates with me. I wish more filmmakers were as daring as he.
Now, I'm not sure if it's his intention to utilize WWII era style elements in his more modern films, such as Pacific Rim. I often find myself accidentally sporting all army surplus get-ups on a regular basis -- so in both cases what thou favors spilleth over or something. So I can relate to that.



 (Images via Google)

Expect more movie character inspired outfits! (Not cosplay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover