Friday, August 22, 2014

Dark Matter

Dress: it's complicated (read below)
Boots: eBay (similar)

This is a dress that I sort of made for one of my bridesmaids. I stole it before my wedding for this shoot with my pal Christine to break in her new studio in Portland.
To make this dress took a pretty simple dress, cut it all up into lots of strips and panels, then added a ton of sheer fabric to the lining to make it longer and add more of liquid flowy kind of texture. Finally I attached this super silky, almost metallic, maxi skirt to the inside to make it a bit more full. Then end result was really cool. It looks pretty rough because I was just making things up as I went along, but I like that unfinished sort of look. It also has like three different kinds of sheer fabric strewn about it, the contrasting textures made it really interesting too. My girls looked like black ink drops in water when they walked down the aisle. 

3 comments:

  1. love the lightning in this photo, your work is great.
    the dress is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me so much of Midnight. Dark but beautiful at the same time.
    I love it xoxo

    http://loveyenrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress sounds like a dream! This whole photoshoot is gorgeous.

    Raissa | http://theleatherfannypack.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover