Thursday, December 5, 2013

Veins of Ivy







Spandex bodysuit: eBay
Leather garter maxi skirt: House of Widow
Shoes: eBay
Necklace: A St. Benedict medal, which was  very special gift from my friend, Peter.

I love this Widow skirt. The garters make it so versatile. It's a truly brilliant idea. I have the option of pinning things up so the fabric drapes just below my knees, showing off my usually unimpressive shoes. Or, if I haven't shaved in a few days, I have the option of hiding those hairs with the supplest of cottons. (Yeah, I know. I'm gross.)
The skirt is a bit see through, I assume to make the fabric flow and billow so effortlessly, so I usually have to wear tights or a body suit under it. Yeah, I'm technically wearing a garter belt, but no one's gonna see my buns today.
So if you end up finding this skirt somewhere (I believe it's sold out), keep that in mind.

About the necklace. The Saint Benedict medal has the symbols from a Latin prayer engraved on it; both the medal and the prayer are widely used in the rite of exorcism. (Cool, huh?)
I wear it with the "verde retro Satana" (step back, Satan) side showing.

Crux sacra sit mihi lux! Non draco sit mihi dux!
Vade retro satanaVade retro Satana! Nunquam suade mihi vana! 
Sunt mala quae libas. Ipse venena bibas!
__________________

May the holy cross be my light! May the dragon never be my guide!
Begone Satan! Never tempt me with your vanities! 
What you offer me is evil. Drink the poison yourself!



1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover