Monday, September 29, 2014

Farewell Waters


I thought this would be a good time to say my goodbyes. Summer has come and gone and though it's not my favorite of seasons, I still feel a sense of nostalgia and longing for this time of year. 
These photos were taken by my friend Jennifer Hardin early this summer on the latter end of my numbered days left in Portland. 
My need for summer probably dates back to my times spent in the water. I love water and I love swimming. I love oceans, lakes, creeks, rivers - anything. And they've always been a stone's throw away from where I live. An extremely severe chlorine allergy prevents me from being in water any time I want. I have a huge gorgeous pool in my apartment complex teasing me every day! So summer was always my designated water season.
My time in and near the water before my final move to the South was very special. I said goodbye to my backyard Columbia River for the last time in these photos. Later in June I said goodbye to the ocean in Santa Cruz that was quite literally in my backyard. Then I said goodbye to my family, friends, and the West altogether -- and now a swift kick to my first scorching summer in the South!
This dress is pretty special too! Some of my best memories are from when I lived in Downtown Vancouver in 2011. I lived within walking distance of the trendy Main Street and the bustling but cozy Esther Short Park area. It was such a peaceful time! Anyway, one day when I was walking around I came across a $1 sale rack in front of a vintage shop on Main Street. Alas, this slip dress find of the century was discovered!
Have a happy, spicy, pumpkin-y Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover